Team EMG stand behind what we do! We warranty countertop seam installation defects for 10 years. We warranty under-mount sink installation defects for 5 years. Our warranty does not cover customers who regret their design or style choices. But when it comes to our installation work we are going to stand behind it!
Residential Limited Warranty
EMG warrants you, the owner of the original installation of granite, marble, quartz, or quartzite countertops that upon the following terms and conditions, EMG, at its discretion will repair or replace, without charge, your stone countertops provided that EMG has determined that the product has failed due to a defect in fabrication and installation during the first 5 years of use from the installation date. The warranty does not cover damage caused by physical, chemical or other abuse, normal wear and tear, acts of nature, scratches or chips.
Examples of a typical situation where EMG will fix the damage at their own expense is when an undermount sink disconnects from the mounted surface and/or separation “split” of the countertop seam within the first 5 years of use. Examples of typical situations EMG’s warranty does not cover are stains, etched marks, natural discolorations, dents, chips, or fissures on the countertops.
EMG Provides Limited Warranty For:
- Any chips the original customer notices, within the first two months of purchase.
- Caulk and silicone damage to countertop adjacent to the backsplash, wall, or undermount sink line, within the first six months of purchase.
- Seam damage to countertops and backsplashes within the first ten years of purchase.
General Warranty Terms And Conditions
- This warranty applies only to granite, marble, quartz, quartzite and other natural stone countertops fabricated and installed by Eugene’s Marble and Granite, Inc.
- This warranty applies to installations of countertops that have been permanently installed in residential residences for countertop usage and that have not been moved from the original, permanent installation. This warranty does not cover the use of products for “commercial” uses, uses of products exposed to outside weather and climate conditions, or abuse in any way. “Commercial” use includes, but is not limited to, use in a store, office, or other places of business. In addition, this warranty will not cover damage from vandalism, use of improper cleaning solutions, or damage from the dropping of heavy object on the countertop.
- If during or after installation you decide that you do not approve of the material you selected or the natural color variations and veining of your installation, replacement is not covered under this warranty. This warranty does not cover the natural characteristics of stone, which include, but are not limited to, color variations, water lines, fissures, surface pits, and blemishes.
- This warranty covers seam performance but not the appearance of the seam. Seam failure due to settling or structural issues unrelated to the countertop installation is not covered.
- A courtesy seal is applied to the countertops at the time of installation. It is recommended that the consumer apply, or have applied, sealer every 12 months thereafter. Natural stone is porous and may therefore result in staining. Food or liquid stains, damage caused by chemicals or physical use or abuse are expressly excluded within this warranty.
- Eugene’s Marble and Granite is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, architectural and engineering design, structural movement or settling, acts of vandalism, or accidents.
- Except as provided in this limited warranty, Eugene’s Marble and Granite shall not be liable in either tort or contract from any loss of direct, consequential, or incidental damages arising out of the use or inability to use the product in residential applications covered by this warranty. Eugene’s Marble and Granite make no other warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, with respect to its products, except as expressly stated herein.
- To obtain service under this warranty you must contact EMG at (843)-573-9351 or email@example.com. You must permit an authorized EMG agent to inspect the installation of the product. You will reasonably cooperate with EMG in its efforts to perform its obligations under this warranty. All decisions about defects in the fabrication or installation shall be made by EMG and communicated to you in a timely manner. Whether EMG performs repair or replacement of your installation, we will seek to obtain the best possible result. Since granite is created by nature, exact color match to the originally installed granite cannot be guaranteed.
- This warranty only applies for countertops that have been paid for in full.
- EMG’s obligation under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of the countertops including necessary labor charges needed to repair or replace the granite covered by this warranty. The company will repair any area of the installation that is determined by the company to be defective. The company will pay for the cost of the product, labor involved in the removal and replacement of the original installation of the countertops only, and for plumbing and electrical disconnect and reconnect charges to the extent determined necessary by EMG. You will be responsible for any other costs associated with or arising out of the repair or replacement. Should EMG elect to replace you granite, you warranty will continue from the original date of installation and not from the date of repair or replacement.
- Clean all spills immediately. Leaving spills for a long time, even on sealed material, can stain the material.
- Use trivets or hot pads on countertops. While granite, quartzite, and marble are very heat resistant, sudden large temperature changes are not recommended.
- Use warm water and a soft cloth or sponge to clean countertops. Use a PH neutral cleaner. Prolonged use of cleaner, including dish soap, can leave a dull film. This can be removed with a granite cleaner or polish.
- Seal your granite and quartzite every year. Seal travertine and marble every 3-6 months. Do NOT seal quartz.
- Use place mats under china, ceramics, and silverware (anything that can scratch) when placing them on soft material like travertine and marble.
- Place toiletry items in baskets when keeping them on vanity tops to prevent staining.
- Use coasters under glasses containing alcohol, soda, or fruit juices on material prone to etching like travertine and marble.
- Use wax or mineral oil on soapstone to remove scratches and to darken material.
- Do not leave spills on countertops for any length of time. Wipe up any spills on the countertops within a reasonable amount of time and do not let liquid sit on the countertop overnight.
- Do not place hot pans or other hot objects directly on your countertops.
- Don’t use bathroom cleaner, grout cleaner, tub cleaner, vinegar, bleach, ammonia, or any abrasive or acid cleaners on countertops.
- Don’t sit or stand on countertops.
- Don’t use knives and don’t cut directly on all countertop material including marble, granite, quartz and quartzite.